Friday, February 4, 2011

A bit on how I changed through CF last year

I can say I changed a lot last year, ever since I REALLY got to know God in CF.

For most of my friends, I bet they can recall that last year, especially the first half of it, I ALWAYS talked about saving the environment, saving the orangutans, air pollutions, avoiding tsunami and so on. I did not really care about God and all that. I cared more about saving the environment, and had NO interest with God's work. When my mom asked me to come to CF, I though ah well, another boring activity. How wrong I was.
            Through friends in CF I learned the power of prayer, how a good friend can really help you while a bad one can ruin you, experience God, see how people's lives are changed, saw friends change before my eyes and so many more. As time passed, I realised that, in the Bible, it was said that all the natural disasters are a sign that Jesus is coming back. So it's a bit useless to try to prevent it. So slowly I changed from an environment fanatic into someone that wants so serve God.
           Before this I wanted to become some great people that saves the animals and environment and so on. To prove this, when I looked back in my diary dating when I was 11, I wrote there that I wanted to open a 500 thousand acre of reinforest reserve. WOW.
           I realised that I'm gifted in many ways. Some people say that I can be a great leader one day, that I can go far. I am also good in my studies, active in co-curicular activities, represented the school quite some time, won a Commenwealth competition and so on. I am aware that with all these I can do a lot when I grow up, like become a doctor or a great environmentalogist, as I dreamed before. But a lot of incidents happened recently that can be linked together. It's like God said when I grow up, I will serve HIM, and not helping the animals.
          Take this incident for example. During the last year end holidays, I suddenly got interested in eye surgery and medical things, maybe because I went with my mom to bring my grandmother to check her eyes in the hospital. A few days after that, I watched a CD that a man gave for free at a Christian bookstore in Sabah. It was about how people got to know God. While watching the movie, I was not moved in any way. Bur when I opened the trailer and watched, out of the blue, I cried, It was like God told me that I don't belong to the medical world, and that I should serve Him.
          This is how I change, and am still changing, day by day, guided by Christ.

By
Feisan V. M.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Feisan,
    u can serve God in any field..be it medical field or environmental field. u can still glorify His name. Don't close your door of opportunity too early. when the right time comes, God will lead you to which field you should be in. Since you know all your talents, do use them to glorify His name. God bless u now n always ^^
    love,
    junyin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great testimony Fei San. Do pray tht every St Marian will be inspired n encouraged by your testimony. I do agree tht u shd give yourself more time n give God more change to show u wht He has planned for u before u limit urself to wht u shd do in life.After all u r still young n hv plenty of time to gain experiences in living a meaningful n God guided life.

    ReplyDelete